SOL 3/19/16: What Did You Write?

At dinner, Chelsea asks, “Did you write about me?”
“I most certainly did!” I reply. “I wrote about your blood donation.”
My husband, Marty asks, “How about me?”
“Well, not today, but a few days ago. I wrote about the chair,” I remind him.
“And me?” Luke inquires.
“No, not today. But you were one of my first slices!” I tell him.

And so tomorrow when they ask, I’ll say I wrote about all of them!

I’m participating in Slice of Life Story Challenge at Two Writing Teachers.
Check it out!
Slice of Life Image

8 thoughts on “SOL 3/19/16: What Did You Write?

1. I’m glad I’m not the only one! I have started getting suggestions from family and friends at work about what to blog about. I need to start telling them just to join the SOL Challenge next year. I may need to write a slice about all the hilarious things people want me to blog about…

2. You reveal a lot about each of the members of your family in this short piece, even though they don’t say much. Very effective.

3. It is funny how everyone around you becomes interested in what you are writing. My wife and my students ask all the time what I am writing about. Problem is, most of the time I don’t even know what I am writing about.

4. It is funny how they become curious and inquire about our topics. My husband will even ask…did that make it to Twitter? or is that facebook worthy? Secretly I think they all feel like it is a complement to be my writing topic!

5. This is so simple and lovely and true. I field this question from my son all the time. I think I’m going to start saying, “Even when I’m not writing about you, I’m writing about you.”